Opening for a full-time Paralegal Plus.
Serves as a strong organizational support to U.S. Property, a diverse commercial real estate development company active in multiple states, Pemberly Place, Nebraska's only senior living community with an on-site medical clinic, Boiler Brewing Company, the top rated craft brewery in Nebraska (Source: Untappd), and HomeBase Storage, a self-storage company with four locations and expanding.
Operations are based in Lincoln, NE.
Four Primary Requirements:
1. Detailed and organizationally proficient
2. Ability to figure things out quickly
3. Ability to work well with a team and comfortable leading "up, down, and laterally" - if you have no managed people, please do not apply
4. Uncanny level of common sense
Additional Requirements and Duties:
- 3-5 years of transactional legal experience - ability to assist In-House Counsel
- Ability to learn to oversee insurance coverage, follow and implement new regulations and work as a key member of an experienced real estate development team
- Have interest in business management and be able to demonstrate proficiency
- Review and coordinate real estate transactions and commercial leases
- Review construction and architectural contracts (AIA documents)
- Create/send RFP for financing and refinancing
- Review and coordinate bank financing
- New entity formations/Manage federal and state filings
- Property tax appeals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and assignments at once
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred: Past experience performing wide scope of organizational functions.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to type 70wpm
Other Desirable Skills or Aptitudes:
- Proficient in EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System - Based on book Get a Grip)
- Enjoy new challenges and stick with new opportunities until running smoothly
- Thrive in a culture that is far from micro-management
- In the role of Paralegal Plus, is good at reading people and knowing how to best work through conflict to achieve Win-Wins
- "Multi-tasking" is a great descriptor
- Open to travel - We have properties in 15 states
- Offer health insurance and 401(k) match
- Give you paid vacation and sick leave
- Let you wear jeans on Fridays
- Treat you to team building exercises every quarter
- Guarantee you'll never be bored!
Full-time, Salary $55k-$75k/year based on experience.
Please email resume to HR Director, Jessica Lindersmith, at email@example.com